If you haven’t seen this satirical black comedy-drama film, then get your a** up from wherever you are and try to do something and see it. I give you my blessings, go download it from any torrents.whatsoever you can find or go buy it from iTunes store for AED 59.99 (hey, this is precised, I just checked it) Whatever your next action is, JUST go and see it! Did I say SEE it?
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) is beautifully written and amazingly directed by Alejandro G. Iñárritu in 2014. The said movie and its crews received positive reviews and did get numerous awards from various award giving bodies because it is a piece of ART!
Why did I wait 2 years before giving it a go? Let say, I slept for 2 years and just woke up now, yes woke up from my procrastination. But seriously, I would not have any fitting answer, should you ask me that question.
I have a small confession to make. I have this occasional bad habit: I read plots of certain movies first, before watching them. I know, the element of surprise is served to me as half a*sed and that is it. Thank you for not judging me. However not this time. I controlled the strong urge and small voices to Google it, promise, I really did! Guess what, I have never been prouder.
It is a great movie, and even that word “great” may be an even understatement, shall we agree on excellent instead? Cinematography is a superb one, music and sound brought me into higher level of suspense/anticipating unknown/and surprise thanks to that segment of drum scores and percussion, they helped a lot to give me that constant mixed emotions throughout the film. I swear to you, I could feel how my heartbeat danced to its bass. Actors are, indeed well cast too. Bravo! This is a kind of masterpiece that I would love to be involved to.
Well, wait no mo’, here are the top 10 lines (quotes) that sunk in my mind, spoken by the film’s actors in their random order. Enjoy! …You are welcome!
- You are not important, get used to it.
- Popularity is the slu*ty little cousin of Prestige, my friend.
- You’re anything but invisible. You’re big. You’re kind of a great mess. Like a candle burning on both ends.. but it’s beautiful.
- What’s the matter with me? Why do I always have to beg people to love me?
- Stop looking at the world through your cellphone screen! Have a real experience!
- The truth is always interesting.
- I’d pull your eyes out of your head. I’d put it in my own skull and look around, so I could see the street the way I used to when I was your age.
- The question we should ask ourselves is… what do we talk about when we talk about love?
- A man becomes a critic when he cannot be an artist.
- Look at these people, at their eyes… they’re all sparkling. They love this sh*t. They love blood. They love action. Not this talky, depressing, philosophical bull sh*t.
Note: SO. THERE. NOW. GO. SEE. IT.